Thursday, January 21, 2016

Volunteering at the Cancer Center

And a woman came in...
turban 'round her head,
her scalp in flames,
from her chemo,
no more hair.....
but a lot 'o joy adorned her face

Another walked in....
Dorita was her name,
big smile on her face,
plump as pillows,
her medication caused her to gain weight....
she was a stage 4, inoperable

Then another woman,
an amputee,
struggling for balance...
in her shiny ortho shoes,
chatting cheerfully,
thanking me profusely,
She had been given one year to live.....
her t shirt had one word written on it .....HOPE

And more and more,
they came through that door...
curious about what I had to offer...
what I had to share....

They sat and I sat...
my heart to theirs...
their heart to mine...
And the LOVE flowed....
and the miracles played....
And the BIG GUY showed....

Reality, my friends...
It is a TRIP

No comments:

Post a Comment