Thursday, October 29, 2015

That's just me.....

I could tell you of the dark side,
there is certainly enough of it....
spread thickly
like my peanut butter on bread...
sticky, gooey mess THAT  is....

Or I could tell you of the light side,
a little more of that....
the flickering candle lit...
warm with the scent of jasmine, gardenia and rose....

I could lie down with my skeletons,
whose bones are sharp and brittle....
dismal smell of drunken decay...
cold as ice, those covers are...

Or I could tuck myself into moonlight,
shimmering silvery beauty,
and dream of love and laughter...
those covers are so much warmer....

I don't understand the fascination, really...
of wagons full of setbacks,
grumbling ghosts and monsters....
being hung around my neck...

I would rather dance the weightless...
white glowing freedom,
song of LIGHT...
than hang a,
moldy dying carcass...'round my neck....

but then again....
that's just me......



No comments:

Post a Comment