Saturday, October 17, 2015

miracles, in a grocery store

Yesterday a man walked up to me to say,
I'm dying....

what the heck, I'm in the grocery store,
amidst the tomatoes, pumpkins, spices galore....
and he's dying.....
and he wants me to know....

He wants me to care,
hungry for a touch of human kindness,
instead of milk and blindness....

He wants me to SEE him...
to feel his heart and the sores within him....

What can I say,
yes,
I see you...
I'll take some time, to feel YOU...
look at your pictures...
the one
of your son,

who will be left behind....

Yes, you are dying,
I'll put away my fear, my politeness, my unconsciousness
in the midst of my shopping....

I'll take a moment,
to hold you in my mind....
to give you the touch of kindness...

I was shopping for groceries....
he was shopping for LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment